<-- YELLOW BOX FOR REDIRECT -->

Annieisms has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://annieisms.tumblr.com/ and update your bookmarks.

<-- END YELLOW BOX -->

Monday, July 11, 2005

Chem

Okay okay, here's a new, lame video blog. So anyway, this was an attempt to spice up an otherwise dull lab experiment. We're so mature, I know.

Featuring: my friend and fabulous lab partner, Justine!
click to watch
3.1 mb, 0:39 seconds

Boring science explanation: The top layer is HCl in cyclohexane, and the bottom layer is HCl in distilled water. We were testing solutions for conductivity. The HCl in water conducts electricity because water is a very polar solvent, and it causes the HCl to form H+ and Cl- ions, which are excellent conductors.

And that, my friend, is why I'm one of 5 people getting an A in the class (sorry, I need to gloat because people in our class think we're ditzy; but really, we're kicking ass, academically speaking).

17 Comments:

Blogger Joan Khoo said...

So that would be the dorky side of you...which is still pretty funny and cool. :)
I don't know what the hell is HCI which is why I quit Chem the first chance I got. But at least you made class...a little interesting. :)

9:54 PM, July 11, 2005  
Blogger Ryan said...

Too fun. And more importantly, you're back! Yay! I made a holy mess in chemistry class. Turned my fingertips rock hard once, too. I didn't get an A.

11:08 PM, July 11, 2005  
Blogger ro said...

That was a super-awesome video!

I find its best to be ditzy, hot and a genius, and you fine ladies are both.

3:51 AM, July 12, 2005  
Anonymous doug said...

yeah! SCIENCE!

wow... that made my day... possibly my week! okay maybe not my week... definately my day. =P.

btw i forgot to brag before... my army hat has three pockets. beat that! Oooooo! =O.

2:09 PM, July 12, 2005  
Blogger katelin said...

yeah, science facts are useful :P

3:16 PM, July 12, 2005  
Anonymous Marc said...

so.much.giggling

5:32 PM, July 12, 2005  
Blogger Carl Weaver said...

I am glad I am not the only one who thinks science is fun. I remember many of my experiments not adding up to what the textbooks said they should. Such fun. Now I get to teach that stuff and more to people who don't want to learn. It's like being in a mythological Greek hell.

8:45 PM, July 12, 2005  
Blogger W. [ «•.•W£¡§•.•» ] Lu said...

Gday from a dude in Australia...
Cheers and keep up the good work and the good times

8:57 PM, July 12, 2005  
Blogger french/new/wave/nerd said...

don't be shy about your ultimate coolness annie, we all know you totally are!

-taxiplasm
http://gnitseretni.blogspot.com

9:14 AM, July 13, 2005  
Blogger ERIO said...

yujuuu!!! new video, new video!!! ^^

And you say that classes are boring?
you should take a look on mines, beauty... ;)
And continue Kicking asses ;)
tell'em who is the one!!
(academically speaking...)

2:04 PM, July 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hrmmm all that giggling makes me wonder if there weren't some esters floating around too

9:57 AM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger pylorns said...

and you were on what when you made this one ? :)

2:33 PM, July 16, 2005  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hahaha, you guys rock. I love how you chose not to edit out that little part in the beginning, Annie, before you had technically "started". So cute!

3:24 PM, July 18, 2005  
Blogger Reg! said...

Funny post....Just remember, "The Geek shall inherit the Earth"...(I know...but it sounds good anyway) :o)

2:11 AM, July 20, 2005  
Blogger Altaf said...

ahh you gotta love those ions :|

7:49 PM, July 22, 2005  
Blogger Patt said...

jUSTINE IS FABULAS

1:32 PM, October 16, 2005  
Blogger ed said...

no lab coats? shit! you crazy, isn't cyclohexane hardcore stuff too?

5:22 PM, November 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home